[mapserver-dev] 3.7 updates

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 16 17:12:32 EDT 2002

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> >
> > I looked at updating mapogr.cpp but it seemed like a big job so I bailed.
> >

> I'll try to tackle the mapogr.cpp issues... hopefully this week, or
> early next week.

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that Julien has fixed mapogr.cpp so
that it compiles and works fine with regular classes... this is
committed in the 3.7 CVS.

Accessing OGR datasets and drawing them using traditional classes works
fine, but STYLEITEM AUTO still needs a bit of work in order to properly
initialize styles and colors.  We will address the STYLEITEM AUTO issues
in the next week or two.

BTW, as it is now the 3.7 CVS compiles fine with most options enabled
(at least for me), so I guess brave users can start experimenting with
it.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca