[mapserver-dev] mapscript.i fixes

Tim Cera timcera at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 14 16:39:09 EST 2002

Hello,

Find attached a diff of a modified mapscript.i against the 11/13/2002 nightly
build.

Changelog:
In several places 'map' and 'this' should be 'self'.
Added type declaration for 'i'.
Started changing to new key words in swig 1.3.16u.

Change to the python directory and run the following swig command line (I
don't know how older versions of swig will handle the newer keywords).

swig -python -shadow -DPYTHON -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -module mapscript -o
./mapscript.c ../mapscript.i

Copy the 'setup.py' that I sent a couple of days ago into the python
directory.

  python setup.py build

It looks for ../../perlvars so you need to compile mapserver first.

  python setup.py install

take care
tim