[mapserver-dev] mapdrawgdal.c

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 19 13:35:51 EST 2002

Folks,

I have incorporated the PROCESSING directive on the layerObj that was
discussed a little while ago, and I have also split drawGDAL() off into
it's own source file (mapdrawgdal.c).  Let me know if I have broken anything.
You will likely need to update your Makefile (ie. run config.status)
after your next update.

The PROCESSING directive provides a mechanism for passing arbitrary
"processing instructions", and attaching them to the layer.  They will
appear in the layerObj->processing string array.

For the GDAL raster driver, I used them for the BANDS and SCALE options.

eg.

LAYER
   NAME rgb
   TYPE raster
   STATUS default
   DATA data/float.tif
   PROCESSING "BANDS=1"
   PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"
   PROJECTION
     "proj=utm"
     "zone=12"
     "datum=WGS84"
   END
END

Note that more than one PROCESSING directive can be provided (much like
the FORMATOPTIONS directive in the OUTPUTFORMAT), but this isn't a section
that requires an END.  Those needing to pass format specific options into
other layer implementations are encouraged to use the same mechanism.