[mapserver-dev] 3.6.3 release

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Oct 7 15:31:11 EDT 2002

Yup, fine by me. I too have one change to add that deals with parsing of
expression substitution strings. Simple, but important fix. Lemme know
when your changes are made and I'll cut the release...

Steve

>>> Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca> 10/03/02 10:57AM >>>
Hi Steve,

What would you think about putting a 3.6.3 release up on the UMN
website this week?  The 3.6.3-dev CVS contains a few good bug fixes
that
it would probably be good to release.

Once the UMN CVS server comes back, I need to do two things and then
we
can tag and release 3.6.3:

- Commit a fix to msGMLWriteQuery() that was missing a msInitShape()
call
- We need to review the CVS change logs between 3.6.2 and 3.6.3 to
make
sure that the HISTORY.TXT is up to date before the release... all my
changes are in but I'm not sure if every developer keeps the
HISTORY.TXT
up to date when they commit fixes.

I'll attach below the current list of changes from the HISTORY.TXT
between 3.6.1 and 3.6.3 ... if anyone has made fixes in 3.6.3 and
they're not listed in there then please let me know.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca

Version 3.6.3-dev
--------------------------

- Fixed problem with numeric labels with OGR's STYLEITEM AUTO (bug
185)

- PHP MapScript: fixed set() method on all object types for parameters
  of type float and string.  The param value was not forced to the
right
  type and this could lead to unexpected values being set or crashes.

- Fixed bug 174 - improperly terminated string buffer in
msWMSException()

- Fixed problem with 'gcc undef' appearing in the
mapscript/php3/Makefile
  on FreeBSD.  Also added --enable-internal-ld-detect configure switch
  force use of an internal configure macro to detect ld command and
args
  in case the default doesn't work (this is for mapscript/php3/Makefile
only)

- Fixed potential crash with WMS GML query output (missing
msInitSHape() in
  msGMLWriteQuery())

Version 3.6.2 (2002-07-08)

- Added msTokenizeMap() in MapScript (and via 'mapserv -t test.map')

- Added map->setFontSet()

- Fixed Windows-specific problem with PHP MapScript ms_newMapObj("")
  called with empty filename.

- Fixed problem with double 'gcc' appearing in mapscript/php3/Makefile
on
  some systems.