[mapserver-dev] Different WMS versions...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Sep 30 17:23:14 EDT 2002

As we add new support for new versions of the OGC specs how should that
be handled in the code? I was thinking, although verbose perhaps we
should just make copies of the various functions that correspond to the
version and then have the main handler check the version and hand off to
the appropriate function. That might make the code easier to maintain
long term since there wouldn't be tons of if-then statements to sort
through. Easier to retire old version support as well since it would be
seperated out nicely. I'm thinking specifically about the request to add
WMS 1.1.1 getCapabilities.

Thoughts?

Steve

Stephen Lime