[Mapserver-dev] mapserver grid utility

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 21 10:37:03 EDT 2003

Hi There,

 I would like to enquire about the status of the grid functionnality
 inside mapserver. Are there more development to come concerning this ?

 I have managed to generate a grid using what is alredy available. I am
 missing some infos on a couple of parameters (MINSUBDIVIDE,
MAXSUBDIVIDE). Is there
 a doc attached to this functionnality ?

 I also encoutered a problem when saving a map file that contains a GRID
element : the
 original map contains a layer where the GRID parameters are specified
under the Layer
tag :

  Layer
    CLASS
    END
    GRID
    END

 When the map is saved, the GRID element is written under a FEATURE
element, causing a
problem at read time :

   Layer
    CLASS