[Mapserver-dev] Re: [Mapserver-users] recalculate scale with mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Dec 2 15:30:51 EST 2003

Sean Gillies wrote:

> There's a setExtent extension to mapObj in the 4.1 (CVS) MapServer.  Since
> we had frozen the features of 4.0, I did not commit it to that source
> branch.
> You are welcome to paste it into your mapscript.i and re-build, it doesn't
> depend on any other code in 4.1.

(I sent this reply to mapserver-dev...)

Sean,

There is already a setExtent() method in PHP MapScript that was there
for several versions. It also recalculates the scale like yours does,
but there is one difference: it takes 4 values as argument instead of a
rectObj:

    void setextent(double minx, double miny, double maxx, double maxy)
	Set the map extents using the georef extents passed in argument.

Would it be possible to change your new function to use the same
prototype to bring both versions of MapScript in sync? Since it hasn't
been released yet that shouldn't cause too much trouble.

We need to take some time at some point to sync the PHP and SWIG
MapScript... I'm not sure when we would have time though.

  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca