[Mapserver-dev] Lists of objects...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Dec 12 12:08:26 EST 2003

As it sits now you can already do:

  EXPRESSION ("[ATTRIBUTE]" IN "CITY, VILLAGE")

and I've just added numeric support as well so this works to:

  EXPRESSION ([attribute] IN "5,10,20")

Perhaps there's no reason to go any further since the parser
automatically turns the righthand argument into a list. The quotes may
be enough.

Steve

>>> <Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca> 12/12/2003 9:05:14 AM >>>
Steve,

Being a Python guy, I just love the "in" statement indeed ... {} seem
make sense, it's kind of perl-ish :)

So something like:

EXPRESSION "[ATTRIBUTE] IN { 'CITY', 'VILLAGE' }"

??

Yup, I like it ... much more elegant than a bunch of "OR"'s, and such
forms
of expressions I think average users will find quite intuitive and easy
learn/understand.

J.F.