[Mapserver-dev] Re: Add shape id's in the selection

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Feb 14 11:51:18 EST 2003

With a centralized file area this will still work...

>>> "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 02/14/03 10:41AM >>>
That's exactly why cached queries exist. Id's are written out to a
file
and then reused in lieu of doing
a new query. Have you looked into those? I've used them in a couple of
circumstances and they
work quite nicely.

Steve

>>> Yewondwossen Assefa <assefa at dmsolutions.ca> 02/14/03 08:27AM >>>
Hi There,

 I was looking into how to keep selected elements between page
submits.
What I want is to be able to show the selections (using draw query)
after a page has submitted without doing each time a query.  In some
applications, peopole want to do a query and do some panning, zooming
without their query being lost.

 I was thinking of adding a couple of utility functions to add shpes
id's to a resultcached used during the query. It will be less costly
in
time to use these functions instead of redoing the query every time.

Do You think It is a useful ? Any comments/objections ?

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca