[Mapserver-dev] New msCloneLayerObj() function

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Feb 18 11:13:36 EST 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Jan Hartmann wrote:

> Sean Gillies wrote:
>
>> int msCopyLayer(layerObj *dst, layerObj *src, mapObj *map);
>> I picked the argument order to resemble memcpy().  The mapObj is
>> needed as a final argument because the destination layer needs a
>> pointer  to it's parent map.
>
> Sean,
>
> The layerObj struct already has a pointer to its parent map (as well
> as to its own index in the map->layers array). Almost all bookkeeping
> you need is already available. I discovered this when implementing
> connection pooling; most of my original code could be discarded after
> that.
>
> Jan

Jan,

Yes, you are right: initLayer() sets the map for a layer.  Thanks for
the
advice.

I've committed mapcopy.c to CVS, as well as a copy() extension to mapObj
in mapscript.i and a unit testing script in mapscript/python/tests.
I've written further notes about my work in Bugzilla.  See Bug 272.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii.com