[Mapserver-dev] New function, msWriteErrorImage()...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 25 12:25:37 EST 2003

Hi folks: I wanted to add in-image error reporting to the CGI
application so I pilfered that support from the WMS
code to create the function msWriteErrorImage. It's basically identical
to the WMS code so we should be able to
swap it out, and I'll use it in the CGI too. Might also be a nice to
have with MapScript although in that case it should
probably return an imageObj to let the script do the writing. Function
takes 3 arguments:

  - a map file (although the size and format args could be passed)
  - filename (NULL gets you stdout and a MIME type)
  - blank (true/false, actually toggles writing in the image, WMS needs
that I guess)

I've just commited the function, haven't actually placed it anywhere.
Comments?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager