[Mapserver-dev] Re: [Mapserver-users] HTML characters in template

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jan 9 11:09:07 EST 2003

Yup, but I'm not sure it fixes your problem. The _esc replacement is
basically there so you could escape data for inclusion in other URLs.
Special characters are replaced with their hexidecimal ascii codes so a
space becomes %20 and so on. I think what you want is html escapes and
we'd need to add that, probably as another substitution qualifier:

  [variable_html] or something like that

Thoughts?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Berend Veldkamp <berend.veldkamp at aris.nl> 01/09/03 07:08AM >>>
Ah yes, I see it now in the documentation. That's since version 3.6,
right?

Berend