[Mapserver-dev] Mapserver Questions

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 16 11:04:31 EST 2003

Jeremy Gwinnup wrote:

> Thanks for writing back. I've started looking at the code for the php
> MapScript module - it seems the majority of the code is still for php3.
> I've made a couple mods to get started.
>
> -disabled the thread-safe catch (for experimenting)
> -modified the php3_info_mapscript() function to print the module
> information PHP4 style.
>
> The second is trivial - I can send you the rewritten function if you
> want. (What is the desired method of sending patches?)

For php_mapscript patches specifically you can send them to me directly
and I'll review and apply them.  More general patches could be
sent/discussed via the mapserver-dev list... this list is the preferred
way to discuss changes since it keeps all developers in the loop, please
don't hesitate to use it.

> I'm still experimenting with the php examples, but it appears to be
> working so far.

See bug 67, and also bugs 66 and 77 in bugzilla.  Those are problems
that seemed to be related to using MapScript in the PHP DSO at the time.

Also, another good way to test this would be to generate concurrent
requests on your server with different scripts and mapfiles and see if
any problems/inconsistencies happen.

Thanks for your help!

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca