[Mapserver-dev] Unreported changes to mapscript constructors!

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 2 14:25:53 EDT 2003

Sean Gillies wrote:

> After an hour of hair pulling, I finally noticed that all
> the mapscript constructors are renamed.
>
> I guess this is part of the effort to bring PHP into SWIG?
>
> Could we instead leave the constructors as they were and
> use the %rename directive within a seperate swig file that
> is included #ifdef SWIGPHP?

I am not aware of any formal effort to bring PHP into SWIG, for sure if
this was to happen it would have to be after the 4.0 release.

I looked at the CVS log for mapscript.i and didn't see anything obvious
about renaming constructors.  The only change to mapscript.i in the last
2 months was to remove an unused argument to the shapefileObj
constructor.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca