[Mapserver-dev] Re: Layer processing...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 18 10:43:35 EDT 2003

Awhile back you had concerns about opening up the full processing
directive to
URL-based changes. I believe that was because the processing block can
invoke
some pretty intensive stuff. Based on that I limited it to "BANDS=...".
It could
certainly extended to other options if they made sense but at the
moment the
changing bands makes the most sense. We could throw a compile-time or
even
a mapfile-based flag in to limit any URL changes.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> Frank: I added to code last night to allow changing of bands via
URL,
> and added a block to write out any processing stuff when the mapfile
is
> saved. It's all in mapfile.c in loadLayerString and writeLayer.
Could
> you just give it a quick once over to make sure I didn't miss
anything?
> Thanks!

Steve,

I looked it over and it seems fine.

Why can only the BANDS processing item be changed?  In an effort to
avoid
security holes?  I think that always letting clients select other band
combinations should not even be enabled by default.  I don't know too
much about the mechanism used to restrict what options can be set in
the
URL though I have seen some discussion of it.  Can it be extended to
items
for the PROCESSING flag?

I have cc:ed this to the dev list since my last email directly to you
was
bounced by UMN as being from an illegitimate from address ... I guess
pobox.com
has made it into some SPAM list or other.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent