[Mapserver-dev] Error Messages

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jun 20 12:06:52 EDT 2003

No, rants are a good thing most of the time. Shows you care. ;-)

The stack is where it's at and that needs to exposed via the CGI and
the various flavors of MapScript. I've filed a bug so it's not
overlooked.

Steve

>>> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 06/19/03 06:32PM >>>
Steve,

Thank you for the suggestions, I will dig around my notes again and
see what I can find out. And thanks to the others that offered
suggestions. I'm sure I can figure it out with a little elbow grease
and the good support this lists provides.

But I do not think my point should be over looked!

The POINT is that is should not be this hard for me as a
knowledgeable and regular user of mapserver, it is no wonder others
get stuck on this stuff.

I know the arguments for keeping mapserver lean and mean and as fast
as possible, I would be happy having a developers version and a
production version that #ifdef error messages or something that tells
me WHY? I got an error.

Anyway, the developers are doing a great job (BETTER ERROR MESSAGES
PLEASE), so don't let my rant make you think otherwise, I'm trying to
be an advocate for the users which we are getting more and more of.

Thanks,
  -Steve