[Mapserver-dev] RE: [mapserver-users] fastcgi?

Jan Hartmann J.L.H.Hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Jun 16 13:12:54 EDT 2003

Frank,

I'll synchronize the PostGIS connection  with Refractions. You are right that connection pooling does not show much improvement there. As to Oracle, I saw some postings on the list from the Brazil people, but I think Steve mentioned at the MUM that there would be not much Oracle support from there in the future. Perhaps he can give some more information. I am not going to delve into Oracle myself, but I am willing to advise anyone who will on the connection pooling mechanism. It is quite easy.

My impression is that GDAL and OGR caching would be even more important for most users than persistent database connections, although I guess it would be harder to implement.

Good luck,

Jan