[Mapserver-dev] Legend icon outline gone in 3.7?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 19 11:24:11 EST 2003

Steve,

Someone sent a question on the mapserver-users list about disabling the
outline of legend icons, and since I never liked the behavior
implemented in 3.6, I decided to look into the 3.7 code to see what we
could do.

To my great surprise, I discovered that the legend icon outline is
completely gone in the 3.7 code.  Looking at the CVS log, it would have
been removed in revision 1.26 of maplegend.c.  Was this intentional or
just an accident?

I would like to re-add it for point and line legend icons, but I thought
that it might be better to have it controlled via a parameter in the
legendObj this time.  Unfortunately we cannot use legend->outline since
this parameter is already used to control the overall legend image
outline.  So we would have to create a new parameter to control this,
perhaps something like ICONOUTLINECOLOR.  We would also have to decide
whether this iconoutlinecolor takes priority or not over polygon outline
color in polygon legend icons.  What do you think?

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca