[Mapserver-dev] Re: Mapserver: resolved a big problem

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 31 19:30:52 EST 2003

The fix Ed is talking about was in version 3.6.4, so the first thing to
try would be an upgrade to at least 3.6.4.  Why version are you using
BTW?

If the problem persists with version 3.6.4 or 3.6.5 then it is quite
likely that your extents would be larger than the area of validity of
your projection and reprojecting the BBOX produces unpredictable
results.  Please try to provide:
- A GetMap URL that reproduces the problem, all we need really is the
SRS and BBOX parameters.  (You should be able to get that from the
access_log on your WMS server)
- The bounding box of a few objects that disappear from the Map with
this GetMap request.
- 10 bonus points if you can send a small dataset and mapfile that
reproduces this  ;)

Hopefully with this information someone will be able to reproduce and
isolate the problem.

Oh, and BTW if you can file all that in bugzilla then you get another 10
bonus points!  ;)

Daniel