[Mapserver-dev] compiling on Mac OS/X 10

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu May 8 12:54:31 EDT 2003

Just FYI, I added this to the CVS this morning...

>>> "mapsurfer" <mapsurf at midsouth.rr.com> 05/07/03 05:17AM >>>
Guys, I spent a few hours debugging an install on Mac OS/X...  An
older
mapserver version kept crapping on itself with this error:

> ld: Undefined symbols:
 > ___gxx_personality_v0

After a bit of research, I finally found the fix:

In configure.in, just below the libm check, I added the following
library
check:

AC_CHECK_LIB(stdc++,__gxx_personality_v0, XTRALIBS="$XTRALIBS
-lstdc++",,)
AC_SUBST(XTRALIBS, $XTRALIBS)

LIBS="$XTRALIBS $LIBS"

re-ran autoconf, and all is well.  The Mac OS/X is very BSD'ish, but
Apple
has alot of
wierdness to it.   It is quite possible this could be added to the
standard
distributed without
ill effects, and would make it a bit more portable (ie. it couldnt
hurt).

Regards,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.