[Mapserver-dev] cvs segfaults!

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon May 19 04:45:00 EDT 2003

I think there is a typo in cgiutil.c, line 67: 's == NULL' should be 's !=
NULL' : (other lines just there for reference)

65	// check for any available cookies
66	  s = getenv("HTTP_COOKIE");
67	  if(s == NULL) {
68	    for(x=0;s[0] != '\0';x++) {

should be:

65	// check for any available cookies
66	  s = getenv("HTTP_COOKIE");
67	  if(s != NULL) {
68	    for(x=0;s[0] != '\0';x++) {

If you change this, the segfault disapears.
Which is logical if you check what 's' actually is. I think, if there is no
cookie, so s == NULL, the cookie-code that follows line 67 should NOT be
run...

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with diff, and this is my first
debugging :-) so I don't attach a patch... But changing one line by hand
shouldn't be too hard :)

Regards,
Vincent.