[Mapserver-dev] EPSG:NONE

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Nov 19 11:51:49 EST 2003

Tom -

Thanks for the reference!  The specification seems to say that the
correct implementation is "SRS=NONE", not "SRS=EPSG:NONE", which makes
perfect sense (the keyword NONE is not case-sensitive), and that this
value *shall* be used for data whose spatial reference is undefined.
The EPSG: prefix should be reserved for valid EPSG codes, and it sounds
like (a) MapServer should support the SRS=NONE parameter and (b) PCI
should fix their software to comply with the spec.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com