[Mapserver-dev] Advanced support of grid format (visualization, interrogation, analysis)

Thomas E Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Oct 6 11:14:52 EDT 2003

Claude,

We have added some of this capability several years ago. An example is at:
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/egis/avhrr/ . A handful of people, beyond us,
used it.

That was before GDAL became an integral part of MapServer so we need to bring that
effort up-to-date accordingly and, hopefully too, make it part of the MapServer
distribution.

I don't monitor the dev list regularly so if you have ideas on how to get such an
effort funded, please let me know. That's basically what we've been looking for.

Tom

PS - The app is old and there seems to be some issues with it. Choose the AVHRR BIP
(1C) image and the Image Analysis should work enough that you'll get the idea.