[Mapserver-dev] OGC ServiceExceptions and invalid layers

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 23 16:06:57 EDT 2003

I'd been interested in seeing how we could use it. Hell, what's one more
library.
The existing operators are admittedly brute force implementations, but
they
operate directly on the shapeObj structures and are pretty fast. I
wouldn't want
to see a "with GEOS" and "without GEOS" version of the query support,
either this
would become a standard library or we shouldn't use it. Depends on how
much
it adds.

Steve

>>> Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> 10/22/2003 3:48:19 PM >>>
GEOS (geos.refractions.net) is now in a workable state, and very close

to a release (more a matter of making time to do a release properly
than
code issues). All the remaining spatial predicate filters could be
easily supported by linking into GEOS, but it is another library
dependency and set of switches (is it there? do this. is it not? do
that.).

P.

--
       __