[Mapserver-dev] New WFS Metadata Item to control HTML Escaping

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 12:54:27 EST 2003

Folks,

For a project I am working on I would like to have the WFS support an
attribute column that contains XML data.  However, the MapServer WFS code
was carefully escaping all XML angle brackets and so forth, resulting in a
mangled mess being returned.

To work around this I have modified mapgml.c to include support for the new
metadata item "wfs_gml_xml_items".  It should contain a comma seperated list
of fields that should be considered already XML and not to be escaped.

The code is checked in now, and hopefully will not cause anyone any problems.
Appologies to Daniel and Assefa if I messed things up since they are the
owners of that module. Let me know if there is anything I need to fix up
or if you think this is particularly unwise.

I am also kicking around the idea of metadata to override the result of a
DescribeFeatureType so that I can mark the type of this particular attribute
properly ... but I haven't pursued that at this time.