[Mapserver-dev] MapScript issue with freeing a cloned mapObj and msFreeFontSet

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Sep 18 15:41:48 EDT 2003

The symbol set shares (that is point to) the fontset declared in the
mapfile. How is that
handled in the cloning?

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> 09/15/03 11:09PM >>>
Hi all,

First, is anybody else using the clone method, and are they finding it
useful?

The only problem I've found with it so far is that when a cloned
mapObj is garbage collected (I'm talking Python here) and msFreeMap
is called, a malloc error is raised from msFreeFontSet at this line

     if (fontset->filename)
         free(fontset->filename);

The error is:

*** malloc[717]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x16fefa0;
This could b
e a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated
block; Try s
etting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

This error never occurs with a mapObj created by the normal
constructor, but
I am always seeing it with a cloned mapObj.  Maybe it's just a OS X
issue?  Can
anyone help me confirm this?

thanks,
Sean