[Mapserver-dev] Building .exes with DLLs on windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Apr 4 12:17:26 EDT 2004

Sean Gillies wrote:
> You mean dynamically link against a libmap.so or libmap.dll?
> Sounds good to me.

Sean,

Right, but note that libmap.dll would also include some of the other
stuff that currently gets statically linked into MapServer (like GD,
MING, and so on.  Of course, some stuff, like GDAL, and zlib are already
external DLLs.

> I've been having a devil of a time building the CVS MapServer on Win32
> lately, would be good to get another tester.

I found I had to add maptime.obj to makefile.vc but other than that I didn't
have too much problem.