[Mapserver-dev] MapServer CVS - does it support access via SSH?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 7 10:21:06 EDT 2004

sgillies at frii.com wrote:

> I guess it is all of us on SSH or none of us then?  Oh well.  It sure
> would be good for me, and good as well for the long-term integrity of
> the MapServer project, but I will work around.

It's not an all or nothing.  You can have both pserver and CVS over SSH
at the same time, and even with the same account.  It's just that CVS
over SSH requires an SSH account on the server for anyone who wants to
use it.

I've seen that the Intevation guys have setup the GRASS CVS on their
server with chrooted SSH accounts which solves the security issue...
I've never tried to do that myself, but if we ever want to go that route
they may be able to help:
http://freegis.org/grass/howto_grass-sshcvs.en.html

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca