[Mapserver-dev] Fwd: nightly CVS 4/12: shptreevis.c build fails

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Apr 13 13:37:46 EDT 2004

>>> William K <woklist at charter.net> 4/13/2004 10:10:25 AM >>>
the problem lies in mapshape.h and maptree.h, and causes shapetreevis
to fail to build.  It seems that MS_DLL_EXPORT was added to all the
function prototypes in these two headers.  Yet shapetreevis.c includes

those headers directly so MS_DLL_EXPORT never gets defined.

I don't know the correct way to fix this, but adding the MS_DLL_EXPORT

definition lines from map.h to mapshape.h did it for me, and didn't
break anything else.  Maybe shapetreevis.c should include map.h
instead?

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if

you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy