[Mapserver-dev] MapServer CVS branched for v4.2

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Apr 18 23:44:17 EDT 2004

I just cut the release, some big storms around hear slowed things down.
I pulled the WCS support out of the makefile and configure scripts.
What's left compiles fine. I tried to run Sean's regression tests but
had problems with Python on the Mac. I'll try again on my linux machine
at work tomorrow. If anyone gets to it beforehand let me know. Will
announce to the user list first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this!

Steve

>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca> 04/17/04 3:53 PM >>>
A few minutes ago I have created a branch for the 4.2 stable release
version in the mapserver CVS. The branch is called 'branch-4-2', and
this means that the main CVS trunk is now version 4.3 (development).

Steve will disable the WCS stuff in the 4.2 branch and will package the
4.2 beta1 release when he's done.

Please keep in mind that version 4.2 is a stable branch and we shouldn't

make any new developments in this branch: just critical fixes that will
eventually be released as 4.2.x. (the same way as we've handled the
3.6.x and 4.0.x releases).  Also, when fixing *any* bug in a stable
branch, always add a note to the HISTORY.TXT.  Release notes are
especially important for users in a stable branch.

BTW, I know some of you find that branch stuff confusing, so here are
some quick reminders for those not familiar with CVS branches:

- To checkout a new copy of the 4.2 branch, use:

    cvs -d :pserver:<yourlogin>@cvs.gis.umn.edu:/data2/cvsroot checkout
-r branch-4-2 mapserver

- To convert an existing source tree to the 4.2 branch:

    cvs update -r branch-4-2

- To convert a 4.2 branch source tree to use the main trunk (i.e. remove

the branch's sticky tag in your checked out source)

    cvs update -A

- To tell which branch is currently checked out in your source
directory:

    cvs status map.h

... and look at the Sticky Tag value.  If it says nothing then you have
checked out the HEAD (main trunk).  If you have checked out a branch
then the sticky tag will say something like:
    Sticky Tag:          branch-4-2 (branch: 1.302.2)

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca