[Mapserver-dev] FeatureID filtering in SLD

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Aug 3 17:32:10 EDT 2004

True.  Can you not also do a FilterExpression with an SQL 'IN' statement
to bunch these all together?

> Now, back to the question, would this be useful to anyone?

The question is how to map what a given layer's 'id' def is in
MapServer.

> My second question is about implementation of this.  The SLD
> contains a <NamedLayer> element right below the
> <StyledLayerDescriptor> element.  The <Rule> and <Filter>
> elements are nested within this <NamedLayer> element. As far
> as I understand the Filter Encoding Spec, the layer name is
> specified within the <FeatureId>'s "fid" attribute as such:
> <FeatureId fid="MY_LAYER.MY_FEATURE_ID" />
>
> Should the MapServer only accept layer names in the
> <FeatureId> element that match the <LayerName> that they are
> nested in or allow any layer name to be
> specified?

Should it?  For the Filter spec per se, I would say yes.  When a filter
is bundled with an SLD document, I think it may be redundant
information.  We might want to check with the SLD and Filter folks at
OGC.

..Tom