[Mapserver-dev] mapserver patch: mapmygis.c

David MacCormack djm at maccormack.net
Fri Aug 6 23:39:18 EDT 2004

> From: Attila
> Subject: Re: [Mapserver-dev] mapserver patch: mapmygis.c
> Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:07:53 +0200
>
> On Thursday 05 August 2004 19:50, David MacCormack wrote:
> > Hi.  Last week I submitted a patch for mapmygis.c.  I have not seen any
> > discussion about it and I was wondering if anyone had looked at it and/or
> > considered applying it.
>
> Yes, I'm on it.

Excellent.  Thanks, Attila.

> The need for the socket/port definition is valid it's just
> that I'm not sure the way it is done is the best since it will break any
> existing .map layers, so I might alter it a bit before integrating it into
> CVS to maintain backward compatibility.

Hmmm.  It should not break existing map layers.  The patch is backwards
compatible (e.g. current map layers which do not specify a port and
socket file should still work).  Can you give me an example of something
that works before the patch but does not work once it is applied?

Dave