[Mapserver-dev] 4.2.3 release for bug 707?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 26 10:26:55 EDT 2004

Valik Solórzano Barboza wrote:
> Steve,
>
> if possible we would like to have the fixes on bug 653 and 809 (i'll be
> working on this one today or tomorrow) be added to the 4.2.3 release.
> I'll be commiting the changes required to fix bug 653.

Bugs 653 and 809 are really in this grey area between bug fixes and new
features. The 4.2 branch has to remain as stable as possible, so we
should not be adding new features or making changes in that branch that
could potentially break something, unless it's for a critical bug that
already made the branch unusable for some users.

Since bug 653 has been done already we'll leave it there, but I'm not
convinced that bug 809 should be done in 4.2, unless the change is very
localized and has no chances of impacting on anything else.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca