[Mapserver-dev] 4.2.3 release for bug 707?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 30 21:29:30 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>
>> So are we waiting or not? How is 809 being addressed (WMS isn't the
>> only way to produce legend graphics)?
>>

> Unless Valik is sure to be able to wrap this up monday, I'm almost
> thinking we should go ahead right away with the release... there will
> always be room for a 4.2.4. Last minute/untrested changes like this are
> the best way to create a buggy release.

Steve is leaving for a week after tomorrow, so if we don't release 4.2.3
now, it will have to wait almost another 2 weeks, and many users are
waiting for the 4.2.3 fixes. I have prepared and tagged the source, so
Steve you would be ready to prepare and post the release when you're
ready. I think timing is bad for bug 809 and it will have to wait for
4.2.4 unfortunately (we can always release 4.2.4 in a few weeks).

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca