MapServer Enhancement Proposal #1134

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 17 00:56:56 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:53:52 -0600, Steve Lime
<steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> I gotta side with Dan on this one, at least until the user meeting. If
> we're ready sooner then great, but a 4.6 release around May/June would
> be great.

Guys,

As a member of the old fogeys club I am inclined to feel the same - that
a 4.6 release in the area of May would be most wise.

However, I would encourage those looking for interim snapshots to
produce a semi-official 4.5 rev or two. These would not have all the
trappings of a full release (such as a new documentation set) but
could still be preceeded by a short settling down time, and a formal
release number and CVS tag (though I don't think they would deserve
a branch).