[Mapserver-dev] SWIG MapScript docs

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 18 10:29:08 EST 2004

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Has anyone exercised the PHP4 support in SWIG lately? Last time I tried
> (almost a year ago) is was not up to the test, but these things change...

The last tests that I am aware of are yours.  We haven't done any more
tests since then.

I hope that we can switch to SWIG for PHP someday when it's mature
enough (maybe for PHP5?).  However, even when SWIG-PHP is mature enough,
this switch will mean for sure that all existing PHP scripts will be
broken and will need significant rework... that's a huge show-stopper
for us given the amount of stuff we have built around the current PHP
MapScript.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca