[Mapserver-dev] RE: mapscript documentation

Kari Geurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Thu Feb 19 12:12:06 EST 2004

Hello MS Dev and Doc,

Thanks for thinking of me. I do get the ms-dev email list so I have been
keeping an eye on this discussion.

Ultimately I agree that merging the documentation is, in the long run,
best. However, how we get there and what form the final documents are in is
the more difficult question to answer.

As the current doc coordinator it would be easiest to stay with the already
established MDP standards i.e. DocBook StyleSheets. But if this is either
not going to work or is not the best option then I am willing to make the
leap to a new style.

Some issues I think are important are
-	Easy for documentation authors to use.
-	Ability to convert to html with desired output appearance
-	Any use with CVS issues?
-	Providing process/procedure steps for making the transition to new style
if the decision is made to change.

Kari A. Geurts

Department of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota