[Mapserver-dev] Advice requested

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 20 20:37:05 EST 2004

Hi Ned,

This sounds very cool. One of my projects I would like to get to when
I'm not spending all my time on work is something very similar. I
have loaded all the US Census Demographics data from Summary FIle 1
and 3 into MySQL (about 93 GB) and want to display thematic maps by
doing joins to with Tiger data in shapefiles. I am hoping that the
MySQL connection will support joins with shapefiles.

I would like to see what you have done.

I think your ideas are great about abstracting your interface into a
connection type plugin. This might also be usable to pull in other
kinds of custom data layers and information

-Steve W.