[Mapserver-dev] Committed basic date support...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jan 8 13:00:00 EST 2004

I thought I ran into a version of strptime on www.snippets.org, I'll
check. We should just ditch
the calls to snprintf. I believe those are from a patch someone sent
recently.

Steve

>>> Yewondwossen Assefa <assefa at dmsolutions.ca> 1/8/2004 11:21:17 AM
>>>

> Anyway, everything builds fine on linux but I'm curious about other
> platforms. I stuck to standard date functions but I'm not sure how
> things might work on Windows.
>
> Steve

  I was trying to build this on Windows and seems that the function
strptime is not available on windows (MSVC++).  I am looking into
porting some existing c code in Mapserver to make this function
available on Windows.

  On the same subjet the function snprintf is also not avialable for
Windows causing problems during build time.

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca