[Mapserver-dev] Re: time support

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jan 14 15:17:07 EST 2004

I do like it. It actually fits with an idea I had that would allow
masking based on another layer. It will be much harder to implement
though. Plus backwards compatability will be tricky to maintain. I'll
have to think about that part.

Steve

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> 1/14/2004 1:12:54 PM >>>
Brent,

Great idea!  Instead of creating a TILELAYER attribute, I'd suggest
that
we change the code so that we can use another layer name in the
TILEINDEX:
first try tileindex as the name of another layer in the map, on
exception
try finding tileindex as a path on the filesystem.

Sean