[Mapserver-dev] mapserv (CVS) WMS query

Eric Sokolowsky eric.sokolowsky at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 23 13:08:46 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:

> Hi There,
>
>   I am not sure if this is the appropriate way of doing this. If you
> look in the same doc (section 7.2.3.4), It specifies that :
>
>   A client may request the default Style using a null value (as in
> "STYLES="). If several layers are requested with a mixture of named and
> default styles, the STYLES parameter includes null values between commas
> (as in "STYLES=style1,,style2,,"). If all layers are to be shown using
> the default style, either the form "STYLES=" or "STYLES=,,," is valid.
>

>   This is what is implemented in mapserver (since Mapserver does not
> advertize any styles, the default style wich is an empty string is the
> only thing valid).
>
>   Maybe others on the list have comments on this.
>
>   Is is possible for your wms client to send styles=

After reading the spec again, I agree with you.  I have modified my client
to just send "styles=" when there is no advertised style.  Thanks for
pointing this out.

--
    ____   __     Eric Sokolowsky    (GST)  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
   / __/__/_/__  Visualization Programmer    Scientific Visualization Studio