[Mapserver-dev] Platform specific configuration...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 8 15:40:31 EDT 2004

Steve Lime wrote:
> Where should platform specific checks be made in the configure process.
> Specifically on a mac setting -bind_at_load as a linker option supresses
> about 10 thousand warning messages. Does that belong in aclocal.m4
> (GDAL's version handles it there) or in configure.in. If the former I've
> no idea how that file works, and don't suppose one could just cut and
> paste from, say the GDAL version.

aclocal.m4 is just a set of macro definitions that are used by
configure.in, so the syntax is more or less the same.

You could possibly write a macro in aclocal.m4 (or copy it from the GDAL
configure) and call if from configure.in. If you could open a bug
pointing to the relevant parts of GDAL's configure scripts then I could
have a look and see ifI could port it to MapServer's configure.in.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca