[Mapserver-dev] Re: Rendering engine enhancements

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Jul 14 15:09:10 EDT 2004

Steve Lime wrote:

>Frank had talked about creating a special symbol type called 'hatch'
>and
>dealing with it that way. It would be analogous to TYPE PIXMAP. Bigger
>problem is getting the angle from the database, not hard just impacts a
>lot
>of time.

We could put the angle into the database as a value (and don't bother
about reprojection). I just learned that the inclination of the hatching
has to be 45 deg relative to the longest(!) side of the building. I then
asked them what to do about round buildings - they are still thinking...

>I can think about time estimates once I'm back from vacation
>next week.

Thats OK. We got some more responses to our request, but all offlist.

>Steve
>
>BTW I am working on the GEOS stuff. Haven't committed anything to 4.3
>yet but hopefully soon.

Thats great, we are making more and more heavy use of it.

Arnulf.