[Mapserver-dev] cpl utility functions

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 21 16:39:00 EDT 2004

Hi There,

   I need to use some utility function that are available in gdal
cpl_xxx library. (In this specific case it is functions like
CPLGetBasename). At the same time, It seems a bit odd to add a
dependency to GDAL/OGR just to have access to a couple of functions. (in
this case It is the swf module and It should normally not need gdal to
work).

   What is the general guidline for such a case ? Do we need to add the
dependency ? Do I copy the functions inside mapserver utility files ?

Thanks

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca