CVS email notification (was Re: [Mapserver-dev] Is there an issue ...)

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Jul 29 12:07:36 EDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 9:51 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Steve Lime wrote:
>> I can add to the repository tonite, why not just use mapserver-dev?
>> It's
>> not like there's that
>> much traffic here, and everybody already reads this.
>
> I'd opt for a separate list, not everybody may want all those
> notifications, and that would keep the mail archives cleaner and
> easier to browse. It's easy to create a new list anyway. What do
> others think?

I think that between ViewCVS, the CIAbot that reports commits to
#mapserver, and
commits that might be posted automatically (RSS?) to the new mapserver
web
site, we'd be fully covered.  No need for extra email.

But I am not against a new list.  I'd just choose not to subscribe.
That makes
Daniel's proposal the best for me.

cheers,
Sean