[Mapserver-dev] Java MapScript problem (linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000))

Jean-Henry Berevoescu bjh at globexplorer.com
Thu Jun 10 15:53:10 EDT 2004

Hi,
I built the Java version of MapScript and tried it out with a very simple
program (that only loads a map file and attempts to draw a map out of it).
When I run it (on Mandrake Linux 10), it crashes in the native code of
the libmapscript.so library.
Checking this library with "ldd" I noticed that one of the entries is
invalid:

linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)

Anybody knows what's with this library, why does it get referenced
from libmapscript.so (but not from the MapServer executable or from
the library of the PHP version of MapScript - they are bot working
all right)?

Thanks,
Jean