[Mapserver-dev] non-square pixels and WMS

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jun 14 17:44:45 EDT 2004

Thanks for adding this support.  Is the intent to not require the user
to set this in the case of WMS and WCS? I mean, should
we just set the flag for the user within those interfaces?

Steve

>>> Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> 6/14/2004 12:45:16 PM >>>
Folks,

I have committed preliminary support for non-square pixels for use in
WMS
mode.  It is enabled by adding "CONFIG MS_NONSQUARE YES" in the main
map
configuration section.  It has the following affect:

  o Avoid calling msAdjustExtent() in msDrawMap().
  o Set map->cellsize to be the average of the x and y cellsize.
  o Turns on use of geotrasnform (sets map->gt.need_geotransform to
TRUE),
    but only if the x and y pixelsize differ.

So, it suffers from all the side-effects of my existing rotation
hackery,
plus the scale may be inaccurate.

I anticipate adding a new keyword to the mapfile to control this
ability
at some point in the future ... suggestions are welcome.  I am using
the
CONFIG keyword for now mainly so we can test the capability before we
have
hashed out all details.

So, anyone who wants to have a WMS that can response to non-square
pixel
requests, grab the latest 4.3 from CVS and try it out.

Note, there is also a test for this logic in
msautotest/gdal/nonsquare.map.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent