[Mapserver-dev] SWF output -> FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE" broken?

Steve Spicklemire steve at spvi.com
Wed Jun 16 09:49:08 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to track down a apparent bug in rendering labels in SWF
output when OUPUT_MOVIE is 'SINGLE'.

The code is a bit confusing to me (no doubt primarily due to the fact
that I don't understand why it's doing things the way it is!). It
appears that this bit of code in mapswf.c/msDrawLabelCacheSWF is not
working:

/* --------------------------------------------------------------------
*/
/*      if the output is single (SWF file based on one raster that
*/
/*      will contain all  the rendering), draw the lables using the
*/
/*      GD driver.
*/
/* --------------------------------------------------------------------
*/
     if(strcasecmp(msGetOutputFormatOption(image->format,
                                           "OUTPUT_MOVIE",""),
                   "SINGLE") == 0)
     {
         imagetmp = (imageObj *)image->img.swf->imagetmp;
         msImageInitGD( imagetmp, &map->imagecolor);
         msDrawLabelCacheGD(imagetmp->img.gd, map);
         oShape = gdImage2Shape(imagetmp->img.gd);
         //nTmp = image->img.swf->nCurrentMovie;
         SWFMovie_add(GetCurrentMovie(map, image), oShape);
         return 0;
     }

I don't know enough about the GD methods to tell for sure what's going
on. When in MULTIPLE mode I get nice vector fonts drawn on each layer
with labels. WHen in SINGLE I see no text anywhere. ;-(

I've had reasonable success sorting out bugs in mapswf.c before.. but
this one has me (momentarily) stumped!

Any thoughts about how to track this one down would be appreciated.

BTW... I'm pretty sure this actually *worked* at some point... wierd.

thanks!
-steve