[Mapserver-dev] Query efficiency

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 3 14:37:27 EST 2004

Hi Daniel,

no you're absolutely right about the mixing.

The problem that was noted was a bad performance of Mapserver queries on
databases.

A possible solution to improve the performance would be #1 (caching
results).

But I think the bad performance is also caused by the way Mapserver
queries work against databases (#2 in your list).

Best regards,
Bart