[Mapserver-dev] Raster Queries / Query Caches

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 9 16:02:16 EST 2004

Chris G. Nicholas wrote:
> or perhaps, in the spirit of "GetFeatureInfo" - where one simply changes
 > out "GetMap" - one might just make the qualification that returned results
> of raster queries have been resampled using the same manner they would have
 > been to present them on an image....?

Chris,

I'm not sure that would be acceptable to the scientific group sponsoring this
work.  But it is also determine what map extents and resolution to use in
a query operation since they are not part of the request - at least I don't
think they are.  Hmm, on the other hand, how are we intepreting the "distance
in screen pixels" for the querybypoint if we don't know something about the
last requests extents and resolution?  Perhaps we do have enough information.

I can certainly see where returning results at the same resolution as the
display would be desirable in some circumstances.  Of course, in other
circumstances they users will only want to see data directly representative
of the underlying dataset.